From classrooms to home theatres, office meetings, and large scale corporate events, projectors are being used extensively around us. According to the Global Projector Market report, the market is growing at a CAGR of 9.61 percent and is expected to grow exponentially by 2021. With the magnitude of its usage increasing by the day, the variety and number of options in projectors have become huge. However, this makes it confusing for a potential buyer to pick the right one.
For this, the value added resellers in UAE need to be educated about the different types of projectors, so that they make the right recommendations to clients.
Whether you’re a customer looking to pick your next projector or value-added distributors in UAE garnering information for a client, here are a few points to keep in mind.
Understand Your Application –
First, understand where you want to use it. Whether it’s for classrooms, meeting or conference rooms, depending on your area of application, break down your requirements further into following–
- Room size and Screen Size –
What sort of screen size you need depends particularly on the room size you want to deploy in. Ideally, the larger the room, the bigger is the projection screen, which would be suitable for larger throw projectors.
- Budget – Discuss the price range with the customer. There are multiple options from a host of brands and a variety of features across price range a value added reseller companies in UAE can help with. This practice will make it easier for you to select one that fits the budget.
- Placement of projector – The projector position and the size of the projected image will depend upon the room configuration. Therefore, you will need to consider the throw distance and the projector features that will give you flexibility in placement.
- Connectivity requirements – There are various types of projector connections, including USB, VGA, Component, HDMI, and Display Port. You should check what kind and how many cables it would need.
- Surface/Area of projection – Where do you want to projection to be surfaced? If you’re planning to use the projector in only one location, you will have to select a surface – a wall, fabric, etc.
- Maintenance – The maintenance could be a daunting task. Make it easy and convenient. Each category of projector would have its own maintenance or support needs, so choose accordingly.
Choose on the basis of Technology – Besides on the above evaluation of your requirements, you can choose the type of projector you need by technology. Projectors can be classified based on two criteria, the technology and usage.
DLP and LCD Projector
Before you dive into individual specs, you need to choose a category of the projector. It’s likely that your decision will come down to a Digital Light Processing (DLP) or Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) projector.
DLP technology – DLP projectors can be of two types – single-chip or three-chip DLP projectors. While single-chip projectors are the more affordable option used for general purposes like business meeting or classrooms, three-chip projectors are mainly used in high-end applications such as movie theaters.
LCD technology – Liquid Crystal projectors are even more affordable than DLP projectors. These projectors use a light source, the light pass through three LCD panels to create and project images. While LCD projectors produce less brightness than DLP projectors, they also consume lower energy.
Pick the Right One on the Basis of Usage
Networkable projectors – Networkable projectors have the capabilities to be installed anywhere. Therefore it can be accessed and monitored remotely. These projectors can be monitored and controlled from a distance by IT teams.
Interactive projectors – Interactive projectors are a growing option for educational purposes. There are multiple interactive technologies available.
Short or long throw projectors – Depending on the room and screen size, projectors are categorized as short, long throw and ultra-short throw.
For instance, for an 80” projection screen, a standard throw projector will need to be at least 7-8 feet from the screen. A short throw projector will need to be 3-3.5 feet. An ultra-short throw projector can be as close as 2-2.5 feet from the screen.
You could join a value-added reseller program that offers more information about projectors that best suit the needs of clients in your market.
If you’re looking for projectors and have any query related to it, our team of experts would be happy to help you out with it. Contact us today for a free consultation.