Technology is modernizing classrooms, engaging students like never before.
From interactive projectors to interactive flat panels (IFPs), the market is flooded with many AV technologies to choose from. And so, deciding on the one best suited to the needs of each individual school or college becomes challenging. As IT suppliers in Dubai, the responsibility falls on you to help educators navigate these options.
Subject to your client’s training environment and the purchase goals, here are a few points to consider before sharing your recommendations –
- Costs: When only purchase costs are considered, interactive projectors end up being more economical; as compared to IFPs. So, it’s a good option for school with strict budgets. However, if you consider the long-term total ownership cost, interactive projectors tend to be pricier. This is because projectors require their lamps to be replaced regularly; else, the brightness of the visuals dims over time. On the other hand, IFPs face no such challenge. Hence it is a more sensible purchase, despite the higher initial investment.
- Interactivity: The biggest benefit that an AV technology brings to the education space is its ability to deliver magnifying collaboration and interactivity. Instead of simply watching a video or slideshow, flat panel displays allow students to truly get involved in the learning process, thanks to its multiple touch points. This means several students can use the IFPs together, at the same time.
- Display quality: IFPs offer superior audio and visual quality to users. However, they have a limited display size. But in the case of projectors, the sizing can be adjusted. This is a particularly important feature, especially in larger classrooms where content on small screen sizes ends up being difficult to read for students seated at the back. On the other hand, with projectors, the screen can be displayed on any surface. This gives tutors additional flexibility with respect to where they want to hold their classes.
- Power use: IFPs tend to consume less energy as compared to projectors, according to research, making them a greener alternative for the school.
- Brightness: Finally, the dullness of projected screens ends up being a challenge for teachers and students. It would require for the classroom to be engulfed in complete darkness for the screen to be clearly visible. Hence, IT suppliers in Dubai usually recommend IFPs to most educational institutions and corporate trainers.
- Ease of use: Since flat panel displays are like super-sized computers in themselves, they are incredibly easy to set up and don’t need any additional accessories to function. Interactive projectors, on the other hand, always need to be connected to an external computer.
What’s more, IFPs are much quieter than projectors, therefore the former would be less likely to distract the class from the teacher’s lecture.
This high-level understanding of both technologies should help you decide on what your client really needs.
Do you have more questions on the right AV solution for your client? Our team of experts would be happy to guide IT suppliers in Dubai evaluate such educational aids. Talk to us today, for a free consultation.